Glen Region SCCA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Solo > 2010 Solo season
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote draymond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Car
    Posted: 25-Oct-2010 at 3:20pm
Some of you might have heard rumors that I was getting a mini. Well, I've had the mini for a few days and thought I better post up pictures and some info. This is gonna be a track toy that's street legal. Right now the main focus will be autocross. The car is an '84 Austin Mini with the 998cc beast under the hood.

Link to blog

Engine

Have a rather long video that's uploading now. Will post in a while.

No worries, the miata isn't going anywhere.

Colin

Edited by draymond - 25-Oct-2010 at 3:29pm
draymond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote draymond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2010 at 4:12pm
KENLUDE97 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENLUDE97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2010 at 6:17am
Very cool!
Rwharch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rwharch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2010 at 9:13am
A roller skate!
It should be a blast, I owned a series of Mini's BITD; '59 850, '64 w/ 1100 and a '67 Cooper clone.
From the photo it looks like a head gasket is in your future.
jonesRG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesRG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2010 at 11:11am
AWESOME! I love those old Minis... always wanted to drive one. Enjoy it, guys! 
Glen Region CSP #22
1999 Mazda Miata
draymond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote draymond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2010 at 3:22pm
Yeah, I think we're gonna have a blast with the car. It amazes me the way the car handles with new rubber, even with collapsed front suspension.

Mini gets a new windshield today and I've bought front bump stops, a driver side mirror, and a coil spring kit to replace the old rubber cones that were used.
draymond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote draymond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2010 at 3:49pm
I love working on english cars that require special tools to work on! Just ordered a spring compression tool from california. Hopefully I'll get my springs in on tuesday.

As a side note, the springs are so small that four of them fit in a package that was a little over a foot long. He he
draymond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote draymond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2011 at 9:36am
Update on car... I've done many things! Check out my page for the specifics. I'm glad it isn't may yet because I've got a lot of work to do!

Mini Page
draymond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote draymond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2011 at 6:57pm
Lots of pictures uploaded on my page from dismantling the body today...
Rwharch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rwharch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2011 at 7:25pm

Ahhh...  The smell of rusted English car in the morning... Smells like a lot of time with a plasma cutter and a MIG welder.  Look on the bright side; it's a MINI.  There is not as lot of territory there, and you can just about  hold the body up with one hand while working with the other.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic