Glen Region SCCA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Solo > 2011 Solo Season
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

10/9 @ WGI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scootin159 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10/9 @ WGI
    Posted: 31-Aug-2011 at 5:24pm
Looking forward to this event. It does conflict with a CNY event though, but it looks like there's still going to be a bunch of us making the drive down.

Last year we had discussed going out on track for parade laps during the WGI lunch break, but we basically found out it was too late of notice to do it last year. Has anybody contacted WGI about doing it this year? Granted they'll only be 55mph paced laps, but I'm sure there's plenty of people in the paddock who would love to do that. If last year we couldn't because we didn't ask early enough - we should make sure to ask EARLY this year...
conewagon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conewagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2011 at 8:06pm
"55 mph"
it's not a Subaru.
lotar_6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lotar_6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2011 at 12:26pm
I'll bring it up with the board. If they are ok with it during the lunch hour, or something, I'll check with the track.

This event will be a ton of fun as it was last year! I'll be taking pointers from Karl on course design and we'll have a nice flowing track. I'll need everyone's help, though. WGI is VERY expensive!! So we need attendance at 50 to break-even, assuming everyone is an SCCA member. We'll probably do some fun-runs to help, but we need to promote this as much as possible.

See y'all soon!!!

SM #16
My Email
RacrFanNY View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RacrFanNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2011 at 9:46pm
Hi guys; As this is an OOR for SNYR, you may see more than a few from our region. I talked it up at our last event. Right now there is (tentatively)8-10 cars (some with co-drivers) attending. I could foresee more given the early responses I heard.

I'd love to drive the track again but are we going to have time? Look forward to seeing you guys.   
   '85 Red Devil 440

"Bringing Back the Past"
Scootin159 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scootin159 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2011 at 12:49am
Originally posted by RacrFanNY RacrFanNY wrote:

I'd love to drive the track again but are we going to have time? Look forward to seeing you guys.   

The track would only give us about 30 minutes at most during the lunch break - I'm sure it's worth it to enough people to warrant squeezing it in, even if it means the event runs 30 minutes late.
BruceC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2011 at 3:00pm
Kyle - I believe Cheryl is the event chair for the Last Chance weekend. Maybe you should touch base with her directly.
'99 Tony Kart Extreme

#14 F125...err... make that "KM"
ack154 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ack154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2011 at 3:34pm
I can mention it at the board meeting tonight. Cheryl should be there as far as I know...
2016 Toyota 4Runner
81 Roll Over
BruceC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2011 at 3:46pm
I can't wait to do laps of WGI in the kart!!!
55 mph will be just fine.

'99 Tony Kart Extreme

ack154 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ack154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2011 at 11:50am
So....

WGI would love to have us do laps during lunch - and the opportunity is there... but there's kind of a catch. Well, a couple of them.

1) The lunch is between 11-12. We would HAVE TO BE lined up and ready to go by 11am. So that makes our schedule a bit iffy for the day. There would not be much point in starting runs at 10:30 just to have to stop after 20 minutes, drop everything and go get lined up. So... in my opinion, it would be best to start the event after the laps are finished (probably 11:30ish). To me, it would still be worth it. I'd rather delay the event by an hour to get a few laps around the track.

2) Tickets are $25 and MUST be purchased in advance at "The Shop" downtown. There are a couple ways this can be done. Obviously the first is for those able to go to The Shop and buy their own... I believe there is a waiver involved. The second option we might have (not 100% sure on this yet) would be to have Kyle or someone purchase a "bundle" of tickets ahead of time for those not able to make it to "the shop" and get their own. Not exactly sure if that would work yet - but I believe it is being investigated.

What we need: Need to find out how many people are interested - especially if we try to pursue that last option of a bundle of tickets. It may be easy enough for me to go to Watkins and buy my ticket - but probably not so much for some of the CNY/SNY people.

Annnd that's what I have at the moment. Thoughts? Comments?
2016 Toyota 4Runner
81 Roll Over
BruceC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2011 at 11:59am
Isn't this just like WGI... Our club already has already paid for the track... and we've paid on top of that to run the autocross... and we have to pay a third time for the pace laps...

I'm not trying to be a killjoy, but I wouldn't be in favor of running laps if it takes away significant time from our own event. What about running the laps at the END of the day, after the club racing has finished? Then those who want to do it could stay and line-up, and those who are done for the day could leave?
'99 Tony Kart Extreme

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic