2020 Event Status and Updates
A quick word from our RE about the current state of the region and our 2020 season...
Glen Region Members,
First off, the Glen Region Board of Directors hopes that all of you and your families are safe and well. The Glen Region Board of Directors held the monthly scheduled meeting last night via Zoom. We would like to update all members as to the current state of the region, our events, and current known future.
As of today, all events are still in a holding pattern. The Green Grand Prix, previously scheduled for April 3rd, has currently been rescheduled for June 22nd. The Solo Board has had discussion regarding some possible sites, but no contracts have been signed at this point in time. The Club Racing Board and the Region Board of Directors are currently in ongoing discussions with WGI as to possible outcomes of the June 19th-21st MAJORS Super Tour, and the July 4th-5th NeDiv Sprints.
As you can imagine, we are in an ever changing situation with Federal, State, and Local governments as well as our working relationships with site and track owners. As more developments come along and things get more defined as to our season's viability, we will keep you updated to the latest information as we have it.
The Glen Region Board of Directors most certainly wants all of us to get racing as soon as possible, hosting great events, but in a safe manner for all of our members and guests. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me or any of the members of the board.
In the Spirit of the Sport,