Glen Region SCCA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Solo > Course Design
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Course Design Plan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lotar_6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Course Design Plan
    Posted: 10-Mar-2011 at 6:17am
This is reposted from the Solo Forum...

At the last Solo meeting (1/24/11) we discussed Course Design and how we should plan & execute. The consensus was that too many cooks in the kitchen made for less than favorable results, and way too long to grill a hamburger. Here is the plan so far for 2011 Course Design:

1) We will use the forum for course design input for each event. We'll start a thread for the specific event and solicit feedback from those that choose to participate. There's no reason we can't have designs in place for each event before the first event ever happens!! And, having a plan will expedite set-up.

2) We might be updating the forum to allow us to upload our design files right to our site. We can then download, edit, and re-upload revisions for further collaboration.

3) The Event Chair will have the final say in the design.

4) The event's Safety Steward will have the final say in the actual layout.

5) The event chair will be responsible for corralling volunteers for set-up (no more than 4 helpers to the EC) and van transport to and from. The volunteers for the course set-up agree to set-up the pre-determined course design as close as possible.

I think this about covers it. Pat has agreed to help archive the course designs and post them to a web-page on the main site. We could even link the images to the event details on the schedule page. We'll get these changes rolling, but for now, here's a link to my pic album of course designs that I've been able to filter out of my e-mails...

LINK to Course Design Pic album

We'll have a finalized schedule very soon and then we can delve into designs for specific dates & locations!! Until then, post up your old maps or ideas for future courses...

SM #16
My Email
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic