Glen Region SCCA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Solo > 2011 Solo Season
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Possible Addition to Accepted Helmets Ratings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mwhphoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Possible Addition to Accepted Helmets Ratings
    Posted: 31-Dec-2011 at 10:09pm
You all may have scene me around a bit these last two years, Co drove my dads silver E30 and a red Audi 200 before that. Anyways I just got a new AGV helmet for Dirt bike / Downhill Mountain Bike use, the issue I have is that it is E22.05/DOT rated instead of Snell2010/DOT. My understanding is that the E22.05 rating is the European equivalent to Snell more or less. AGV being an Italian company went for the European rating, makes sense. Now what I'm wondering is there some way to get the rules committee to looking into accepting the E22.05 standard for next year?
colbeykd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colbeykd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2012 at 1:21pm
Hmm... on SCCA's website, it acknowledges the British standard (6658), SFI and Snell but not this other type of regulation.  If you want to start a request, it looks like this might be the spot to go.
http://www.sebscca.com/ 
Kyle C
88 Honda CRX Si ITA Road Race car
04 Acura RSX Type S
KENLUDE97 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENLUDE97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2012 at 8:02am
Yea you would have to take that up with Nationals not at the local level. 

Sorry and GL! 
Mwhphoto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mwhphoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2012 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by colbeykd colbeykd wrote:

Hmm... on SCCA's website, it acknowledges the British standard (6658), SFI and Snell but not this other type of regulation.  If you want to start a request, it looks like this might be the spot to go.
http://www.sebscca.com/ 

A request has been filed. Thanks for the link.
pats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2012 at 6:55pm
Excellent.  Please keep us posted on the results.
Pat
Rwharch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rwharch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2012 at 12:22pm
In the Dec. 2011 issue of FASTRACK (http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/11-fastrack-dec.pdf ) on page 53, TECH BULLETINS, second line from the bottom, it states that ECE22-05 helmets are not approved at this time.  I guess someone else has been asking.
KENLUDE97 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENLUDE97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2012 at 10:53am
keep asking and that will push them to either officially approve or decline the helmet!  
Scootin159 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scootin159 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2012 at 1:48pm
I would say that fasttrack entry is officially declining the helmet.
pats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2012 at 7:38pm
Well, looking at page 18 once you remove the struck-through text you get:

In 9.3.20.C.2, change as follows: "Crash helmets approved by the Snell Foundation with Snell sticker 2005 or later Special Application (SA2005) or SAH2010, or by the SFI with a SFI Sticker SFI 31.1 or by the FIA standard 8860-2004 or later, or British Standards Institute BS6658-85 type A/FR."

So this sounds like it says "approved for use".  Am I missing something?
Pat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic