Glen Region SCCA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Solo > Tech Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Solo class for an ITA car?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colbeykd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Solo class for an ITA car?
    Posted: 14-Apr-2012 at 5:42pm
I have no idea.  Navigating the rulebook, maybe E Prepared? a modified class?  I want to shake the car down, not campaign it.  I would like to come with an idea what class I am though.
Based on ITA rules, it has the stock D-series 1.6 engine.  Internals are stock.  I don't remember if I can do/it has cams.  It has an intake and short exhaust that dumps under the car.  Has an LSD.  Coilovers with stock knuckles and stock sized brakes.  Road race pads.  Gutted interior with full cage.  Race seat & harnesses.
Any theories?
Kyle C
88 Honda CRX Si ITA Road Race car
04 Acura RSX Type S
belenus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belenus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2012 at 6:06pm
I couldn't figure out where we would be with the Mini this year, so I called national and talked to Doug. He's a great guy, and has helped me in the past. We ended up in G Prepared.
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting."
-Steve McQueen
Scootin159 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scootin159 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2012 at 10:36pm
If the car is IT legal, then it is legal for street prepared. Even though you have mods that aren't SP legal on their own, there is a clause to allow IT cars in SP. You just can't mix and match between IT and SP.

Given that, I think the Mini is in either DSP or FSP, but I'll let you look up that part
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic