Glen Region SCCA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Solo > 2014 Solo Season
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Event #1 - WGI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ack154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Event #1 - WGI
    Posted: 14-Apr-2014 at 8:21pm
(copy/paste from my email sent earlier if you already saw it)

Believe it or not, we ARE having a Solo season this year!

And our first event is now Sunday 5/18 at WGI. It will be in the TV/Media lot again (like last year). I think that turned out to be a pretty good event with a new lot and this year we hope to make it a bit better.

I'm going to be the event chair for this one so this is my early call for volunteers. BUT... before that, new for 2014 is online (pre)registration via MotorsportReg! Go get yourself signed up and save some time getting your info into the computer the morning of the event. If you register online, you will still need to visit registration the day of the event to pay and to sign the waiver - but that's it.

Register here: http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/glen-solo-event-1-watkins-intl-scca-255032

Now... who wants to help? We'll need the usuals and probably some extra hands getting going in the morning being the first event and dusting off the cobwebs and all...

Safety: Doug, I think?
Ass Safety:
Tech 1: D Raymond
Tech 2: C Raymond
Reg 1:
Reg 2:
Reg 3: (to keep things moving!)
Course Design/Setup: S Pollard
Course Design/Setup: P Scopelliti
Course Design/Setup:

ALSO: THIS SATURDAY - van/trailer cleanout at Pat's house! As usual we'll clean out the trailer and dust off our equipment (did someone say new generator?!!). And possibly some training on Registration and/or T&S. Join us!

Edited by ack154 - 15-Apr-2014 at 9:14am
2016 Toyota 4Runner
81 Roll Over
draymond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote draymond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2014 at 8:34am
Colin and I should be available for tech.

Dave R.
BMW 318 (Sort of)
Sunburst Miata
Austin Mini
Volvo 740 Superleggera
ack154 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ack154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2014 at 9:16am
Thanks Dave.

Added a few people signing up for working already! Much appreciated.

Still need someone in charge of Ass Safety. And possibly 1 more for course setup the day before - I will plan on being there as well, so we should have Safety for the setup covered for the most part - but we always need another gopher!
2016 Toyota 4Runner
81 Roll Over
mjl62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjl62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2014 at 9:05am
Let me know if you need an ASSS. I would like to learn the timing software too, but not sure if I can make it to Pat's on Sat. I will try to.

Thanks,
Mark L
2011 White 135i
johndouellette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johndouellette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2014 at 5:01pm
I can help with course setup if you need more bodies.
CoClimber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoClimber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2014 at 1:22pm
Are we doing setup on Saturday?  If so, would we be able to get over to the track once we are done to watch some of the F2000 racing?
Doug Binder
'87 BMW 325is
87SM
pats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2014 at 5:03pm
What is the Saturday setup time?  Who is bringing the van?  I can grab it on the way up.
Pat
ack154 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ack154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2014 at 9:26pm
Hi everyone. Email incoming tomorrow on full details. But setup should be usual time at 9am. I'm planning to get the van (as long as someone can run me back to storage to get my car afterward).
As for getting into the track Doug... no idea. I think Marianne was telling me it is a NARRA weekend, so I don't know how you would get into that (though from where we are, ya, you might be able to "sneak" in to the stands for a bit).
2016 Toyota 4Runner
81 Roll Over
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic