How are Solo points calculated?
The points scoring system used by the Glen Region is intended to reward a
race winner and also reward other drivers for finishing with a time close to
the winning time.
Here is an example for four drivers in the H-Stock class:
- Each class winner is awarded 101 points
- All other drivers in that class are awarded points equal to the percentage
of the winner's time to their time.
||None - Awarded 101 points
||47.710 / 47.839 * 100
||47.710 / 48.657 * 100
||47.710 / 49.859 * 100
How is a season championship determined?
In the Glen Region to qualify to win a season championship a driver must
fulfill two requirements:
- The driver must compete in at least four Glen Region events
- The driver must be a Glen Region member by the date of the last Glen solo
event of the year
In addition, if more than one driver in a class qualifies for a season
- The driver may count points from up to six events
- A driver may count points from up to two designated out-of-region events
- The driver with the most points while also meeting the first two
requirements is awarded the championship